XGPS150 not working with HLT

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Nugget69
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

XGPS150 not working with HLT

Post by Nugget69 »

Ever since I switched to an iphone 6 I have been unable to get my XGPS150 to work with HLT.
The green light on the XGPS150 is solid and it shows a fix if I use Dual's GPS status app.
I followed the advice below and and have taken screenshots of what it looks like in HLT.

What should my next step be?

There is no known issue with the XGPS150 and the latest iOS version. I just tested my (old) XGPS150 and it connected and delivered data just fine. Please take care for these items:

1) the switch to the right of the USB port needs to be switch to Apple or Other (depending on the smartphone)
2) to verify information is received and processed, please select the Dual XGPS GNSS from Sensor List and press Info. In case your see NMEA sentences received like GGA, GSA, RMC etc, this means data is coming in but it is simply invalid (i.e. no GPS fix). In a situation like this, the XGPS will show a blinking GPS LED (not blinking)

In case the problem persists, please either open a new thread or contact Dual support. Using this thread will probably irritate readers and make them blame iOS8 (which is stable now) for connection issues. Thanks!

- Harry
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: XGPS150 not working with HLT

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Please update the XGPS150 to the most recent firmware release first. I have version 1.2.6 loaded - which is compatible. For the XGPS150, Dual provided separate firmware versions for high update rates (4/5 Hz) and standard (1 Hz). Please check viewtopic.php?f=11&t=415&start=10#p5950 for the high update rate link.

The second potential issue may be a conflicting access from another app. In particular, please make sure you have the Dual app closed (which accesses the device directly just like LapTimer).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Nugget69
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Nugget69 »

Thank you!
It appears the firmware update did the trick.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Great (y)
Image Image Image Image