unlimited laps

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

unlimited laps

Post by Harry »

Probably a non existent issue you are after? LapTimer always records video for full sessions. Although it breaks down data recordings into laps, you can export full sessions (multiple laps) or overlay full sessions. To do the later, just select any lap of a session, press overlay, and extend the overlay range to the full range of laps available for the session...

Harry
Image Image Image Image
kenny1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: unlimited laps

Post by kenny1 »

here's an example of what I want.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TCyeqRHV1CQ

one video, with all lap times showing on screen. it's very simple.

surely hlt can do this without me having to press lots of buttons? it should do this automatically but it cuts the video into individual laps.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

My impression is we are still not on the same page... In LapTimer, you select one lap, press Overlay, extent the range to all laps of the session, and start the process by pressing one button again. This should not be too much to get a full session video with all lap's data overlaid? Have you ever tried it?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

kenny1 wrote:here's an example of what I want.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TCyeqRHV1CQ

one video, with all lap times showing on screen. it's very simple.

surely hlt can do this without me having to press lots of buttons? it should do this automatically but it cuts the video into individual laps.
And here's what a whole session looks like overlayed in HLT (random video I found on Youtube):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ0rxy5lX5s[/youtube]
kenny1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by kenny1 »

Well, I managed to do a whole session with the data on screen, but it's WAY out of sync. Can anyone tell me why? All the single laps synced on their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN9GhfOEEPI
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

unlimited laps

Post by rscliofan »

Ok so it looks like you manually set recording going whilst going into dentons or have set it up in the pits and not given HLT time to set up fully before going out.

HLT is using lakeside information position as your start/stop trigger.

I've seen this before when people have manually started HLT or opened HLT just as they are sat at the pit exit awaiting the marshal signal to go out on track.

HLT then uses the next trigger detected to time with.

Harry is better placed to advise you on how to re sync the viseo
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This looks like footage and data have been aligned manually? Anyway, to fix it, select the first lap included in the video from Lap List. Scroll to the video section and make sure you see the raw video. In case you see the overlaid version, press "Revert" first. Next, select the row showing the raw video preview. Scroll to the bottom where you see lap / video alignments. The first lap you see here should be the some you selected from Lap List. Press this row to get the sync dialog. Adjust the selected frame to match the position in video where the lap selected *finished*. Set and agree all laps of the session are adjusted. Back to Lap Details and press Overlay to start again. Add further laps as required and re-overlay.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
kenny1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by kenny1 »

Thanks for the help....

Now I have another issue....I presume this just means I just need to free up some space on my phone?
Attachments
hlt.jpg
hlt.jpg (36.94 KiB) Viewed 3760 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, LapTimer calculated what it required approximately and asks for 0.4 GB more free space. Either free that space up (delete some apps / photos / data) or overlay one lap instead of two at a time.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

unlimited laps

Post by rscliofan »

If you are having trouble with space then do the first lap with intro but no extro, then each other lap without intro and extro and the last one without intro but extro.

Move each one onto your PC each time you do one and then stitch them together with something like windows live movie maker.