unlimited laps

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
kenny1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

unlimited laps

Post by kenny1 »

Does anyone know how I can record a 10 minute long video with 10 laps of data? I can only seem to do videos at one lap at a time.

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: unlimited laps

Post by Harry »

Automatic recordings (i.e. those triggered by a predefined track set will usually record one video per session - which is made up from several laps created when passing a stop/go trigger. For manual recordings (i.e. using Stop and Go buttons) will usually generate one lap per video. You may check background video recording and use the Stop/Go (New) button in Timer view - which will probably behave the same as a stop/go trigger (haven't used it for a long time).

In case your question is on multi lap overlays (not recordings), select one lap for overlaying and expand the lap range to multiple laps in Overlay Configuration).

Harry
Image Image Image Image
kenny1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by kenny1 »

so does that mean I can't record a ten minute video with ten minutes of data overlayed?
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

kenny1 wrote:so does that mean I can't record a ten minute video with ten minutes of data overlayed?
Yes, just to clarify:

In your case (or any track with a start/stop trigger) Laptimer will record one big video file for the whole session and several GPS logs for each individual lap you made. Afterwards you can see and compare data of each lap and make either overlayed videos for one lap, several laps of the session or for the whole session. Laptimer will edit/cut the big video file accordingly.
kenny1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by kenny1 »

I just want a video without the lap timer editing or cutting the laps. or. a ten minute video with the data on screen. why is this not possible? I
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This is certainly possible. Start LapTimer, goto Timer View / landscape, wait until the tab bar is sliding out, press the Video button. Now, to start recording, press the small red button. To stop recording, press the green one. Once this is done, goto Lap List, select your 10 minute "lap", scroll down to the Video section, and press the "Overlay" button.

- Harry

P.S. Initially you asked for 10 laps of data?
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Harry wrote:This is certainly possible. Start LapTimer, goto Timer View / landscape, wait until the tab bar is sliding out, press the Video button. Now, to start recording, press the small red button. To stop recording, press the green one. Once this is done, goto Lap List, select your 10 minute "lap", scroll down to the Video section, and press the "Overlay" button.

- Harry

Now I have a question: if using HLT as you proposed, you would have to delete any track set for that track (if in fact it is a certified track) and the track layout will be re-drawn 10 times, leading to one "messy" layout on the overlay right?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Maybe Kenny wants to clarify on the scenario first.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

unlimited laps

Post by rscliofan »

bulls23 wrote:
Harry wrote:This is certainly possible. Start LapTimer, goto Timer View / landscape, wait until the tab bar is sliding out, press the Video button. Now, to start recording, press the small red button. To stop recording, press the green one. Once this is done, goto Lap List, select your 10 minute "lap", scroll down to the Video section, and press the "Overlay" button.

- Harry

Now I have a question: if using HLT as you proposed, you would have to delete any track set for that track (if in fact it is a certified track) and the track layout will be re-drawn 10 times, leading to one "messy" layout on the overlay right?
No, you will have one ten minute video with data overlay.

The data overlay is written in time with the video and not per gps measurement.

Even if you left HLT to do the timings you still have a raw 10 minute video with 10 minutes of video. Only HLT recognises that it should be split into sections (using triggers). It then gives you the option to overlay all or part of the raw video creating a final video with lap by lap data that can be either the full video or cut from 1-10 laps in this example. Provided you are at a track set.

The only difference is with manual recording you have one ten minute video as one ten minute lap.

Using HLT you have one ten minute video as 10, 1 minute laps.

Data is not affected in any way when overwriting which ever way you do it.
kenny1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by kenny1 »

to clarify....

I am going to oulton park this Friday.

I usually do about 5 to 10 lap sessions. so, anything between 10 and 20 minutes at a time.

all I want to do is record the whole session as one video recording. then put it on YouTube. I want the whole session to be one recording with all data displayed and each lap time showing. just like when I use my friends video vbox.

I don't want hlt to split the recording into 10 laps.... or howeverany I do. I just want it to record however many laps I do showing the time it took to do each lap.