18.3.5 Apple IOS Download & wiped DB

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: 18.3.5 Apple IOS Download & wiped DB

Post by bulls23 »

rscliofan wrote:That's exactly what I want to try.

I'll give it a couple more days then resort to the restore method.
Instead of going for the full iPhone backup and restore, why not do a full backup in HLT to an email address available on your device, delete the no updating version of HLT and simply reload it from App store and finally importing your HLT data from the backup email...only takes about 5 minutes.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

bulls23 wrote:
rscliofan wrote:That's exactly what I want to try.

I'll give it a couple more days then resort to the restore method.
Instead of going for the full iPhone backup and restore, why not do a full backup in HLT to an email address available on your device, delete the no updating version of HLT and simply reload it from App store and finally importing your HLT data from the backup email...only takes about 5 minutes.
But remember LapTimer backup/restore is made up from lap and vehicle data only. Videos are not included.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by llan981 »

Appreciate it. I downloaded the IOS 8.1 update so I am assuming it has more fixes in it. Hopefully, your 18.3.6 HLT and Multicam will pull all together working across IPhones and fully recognize GoPoint BT1 and Dual XGPS160 without any dropouts.

Just a thought, if Dual drops (as it did at my last event, maybe there can be realtime error checking to pick up IPhone GPS if there is a failure of Dual to transmit.
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

I'm going to try and update it shortly.

Apple are the best and worst all rolled into one.
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by llan981 »

18.3.6 just downloaded successfully . For the HLT GP what does this fix? And is there a list of all outstanding issues somewhere? Finally what is the next step with the multi cam app and just now working correctly?
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

There's a version history, i.e. what gets fixed in each version, in the App Store. When an update shows up, you can see what it fixes by tapping on more.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

What's New in Version 18.3.6

Changed in 18.3.6

‣ Updated device 2 device transfer to iOS7/8 technic, removed support for older iOS versions
‣ Fixed missing push notification dialogs
‣ Added a feature to always display unread notifications when starting the app
‣ Fixed multi lap overlays (intermittent freeze of telemetry data)
‣ Changed export dialog to not allow exports for empty selection
‣ Several minors bug fixes and improvements
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

llan981 wrote:18.3.6 just downloaded successfully . For the HLT GP what does this fix? And is there a list of all outstanding issues somewhere? Finally what is the next step with the multi cam app and just now working correctly?
LapTimer editions 18.3.6 were approved already, but I have submitted Buddy, MultiCam, and the Michelin edition at the same time... So expect MultiCam soon too. The odd thing about MultiCam in iOS8 is it doesn't store metadata. I have reported this bug to Apple but it is not yet fixed in 8.1. The effect is that the MultiCam ID used to automatically associate transferred MultiCam vids with laps is not available. Instead, footage transferred to the master needs to be "relinked" just like GoPro footage is.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

MULTICAM

Post by llan981 »

[MultiCam,iOS8] The MultiCam app crashes on iOS8 and cannot be used with this OS currently. Furthermore, storing metadata in video files does not work up to iOS8.0.2 which means videos recorded will not be associated automatically. General operation will be fixed starting with version 18.3.6. The metadata problem is not fixed including iOS8.1 and requires a "Re-Link" operation once MultiCam footage arrives on the master device.

Will there be a new MultiCAM update or does it just work with HLT18.3.6 and you just have to relink?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MULTICAM

Post by Harry »

llan981 wrote:[MultiCam,iOS8] The MultiCam app crashes on iOS8 and cannot be used with this OS currently. Furthermore, storing metadata in video files does not work up to iOS8.0.2 which means videos recorded will not be associated automatically. General operation will be fixed starting with version 18.3.6. The metadata problem is not fixed including iOS8.1 and requires a "Re-Link" operation once MultiCam footage arrives on the master device.

Will there be a new MultiCAM update or does it just work with HLT18.3.6 and you just have to relink?
Off topic ;-), please switch to the other thread. As written, there will be a MultiCam 18.3.6 app which (hopefully) does not crash. As long as iOS8 does not store the metadata, you will need to use the relink function however. Automatic sync will work nevertheless.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image