Time delay for ODB and Video overlay

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Nor
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Time delay for ODB and Video overlay

Post by Nor »

Is there any chance to have a way to account for the time delay between the ODB data feed and the video, after the lap has been completed? It would be a lot easier to overlay once, see by how many second the RPM lags the audio input when shifting, and then re-overlay the info using this new offset. Right now, I am stuck. I have overlays that are 1-3 sec behind and I think that I am left to guess what setting/delays I should put into laptimer before my next track day next week :-(
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Time delay for ODB and Video overlay

Post by Harry »

Hi Nor,

Please check this post first: http://www.gps-laptimer-forum.de/viewto ... t=138#p533

As outlined there, synchronization between GPS, OBD, acceleration cannot be changed once recorded. I have a item on my todo list to optimize synchronization based on the fix's content, till then you need to play around with the sensor delays. Good news is that once you have found the correct values for your values, it will work well for all future recordings.

The video / fix synchronization can be manipulated be added / cutting some frames at the end of the video. For v14 a further setting is planned to define an offset that is applied when overlaying. This will probably help in your situation.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Nor
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Nor »

Thanks Harry

Indeed, a fixed delay that can be used at the time of overlaying is what I am looking for.
Is this feature in the current v14 beta? If it is, I would be glad to test it this week.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

It will be available in one of the later betas (not yet implemented).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ethanehunt
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ethanehunt »

Thanks a lot guys. It was literally 6 months where I was without my car through the life of this install. It's been a lot of time spent without my car but it was well worth the wait. It sounds amazing.

The current iteration of the install took 2.5 months to complete and the entire trunk was rebuilt from the ground up. The finished product doesn't look much different from the stock trunk but there was a HUGE amount of work that went into this.