18.3.5 Apple IOS Download & wiped DB

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by llan981 »

I saw 18.3.5 came available when it auto downloaded onto my IPOD 5th Gen, however, when I looked at my IPhone 6 it did not auto download so I was curious. Long story short:
- The only way to get the iPhone 6 to upgrade was go into inapp purchases and re-downloadactivate Petrolhead and GP
- MOST INTERESTING ALL MY DATABASE DATA (177 LAPS) WERE GONE, BOTH DEVICES AS IF THEY WERE NEW.

- New Update: I have two APPS on my iPhone!! I have both 18.3.4 and 18.3.5 showing as individual apps (2apps)

I am now looking of my backup all lap export file. Just found the backup file, and it shows I can export it into either 18.3.4 or 18.3.5.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: 18.3.5 Apple IOS Download & wiped DB

Post by bulls23 »

Sounds more like you accidentally purchased another edition additionally. Can't see the 18.3.5 update here...but for all these years the update of my in-App upgraded Petrolhead edition to Grand Prix never had to be re-upgraded. You simply update the original edition (in my case I get the update message for Petrolhead) and it still will show up as Grand Prix when launched without re-upgrading via in-App.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

In case you find two LapTimer apps on your device, you have most probably purchased and installed two different base editions (e.g. Rookie and Petrolhead). On user level, a Rookie base edition upgraded to Petrolhead is nearly undistiguishable from a Petrolhead base edition. For AppStore and your device these are two different apps. LapTimer uses this schema to allow both "immediate higher editing buyers" and "lower edition and later upgraders" to share the same experience. It can be confusing however.

So the first step is to identify the apps. To do this goto Springboard and memorize the app's position in the grid. Tap one and press the gray Contact button on the Information screen and generate a contact mail. In case there is a "Feature" section included, this app is an upgraded app. Repeat this step for the second LapTimer icon to verify the theory above is valid.

Next, check the Lap Lists of both apps. As LapTimer uses a local storage schema they are separate and do not share data. Well possible one app shows the missing laps and the other doesn't. In case you find your lap, create a full export to .hlptrl to be on the save side.

Now, delete the app with no data. Although it is possible to have both base apps on the device, it will be quite confusion to use as they are difficult to distinguish (e.g. two options to import too). Deleting an app, deletes its data too. So be careful to get the correct grid position (see first section).

In case neither app shows the missing lap data, please com back before deleting anything.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Isn't easier to simply check in the add-ons list if one of the upgrade options is set to "active"?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

bulls23 wrote:Isn't easier to simply check in the add-ons list if one of the upgrade options is set to "active"?
Yes :-)
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by llan981 »

But with the iPod it just auto downloaded the 18.3.5 HLT GP with no data as a second copy with no intervention from me. I found the 18.3.4 version intact with data.

So I just deleted the 18.3.5 copy and just expect it will show on auto updates app store list. By the way the Harry Latimer rookie on my app download list shows version 18.3.5 32.3MB Oct 11,2014. I originally bought rookie edition in March, 2014 and then upgraded to GP shortly thereafter.

Sounds crazy but when I hit the info banner now the IPOD says 18.3.5
But for the IPhone 6 it says 18.3.4 and no update listed in updates app store list.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Check iOS > Setting > iTunes&App Store > Automatic Downloads / Updates and switch it to ON. This will update apps in background 24 hours a day. In case 18.3.5 is not available on your iPhone6, make sure you have a connection and are logged into iTunes (Apple ID). It may take some time to get the update, only Apple knows.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by llan981 »

good on all fronts with the settings. Will see what happens in 24 hours.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Just checked. I can see all three 18.3.5 versions in the App store from 11.10.2014. I don't have automatic downloads activated so I look them up in the updstes section of the App store. By now, there is no update notification for my Petrolhead edition (with in App upgrade to Grand Prix) and if I look it up in the App store it simply has an "open" button and no way of manually upate it. This has never happened before and I'm wondering how update notifications are handeled and if something might be messed up there. My App shows up as 18.3.4