GoPro record delays

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
jtt777
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

GoPro record delays

Post by jtt777 »

Hi,

I've been having hard time getting the videos to sync perfects when using a gopro. Sometimes the offset needed is 0.5 sec, sometimes 1.0 sec. Just being off a little bit makes the video difficult to see. Is there anything consisnt you should have for the gopro delay. Any way to minimize this or make the editing easier?
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: GoPro record delays

Post by gplracerx »

I've never had that problem. Likely you're missing a step or doing a step incorrectly when importing the GoPro video. I have my overlay synchronization set for 0 seconds. You need to detail exactly how you go about converting and importing a video and overlaying it.
jtt777
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by jtt777 »

i have the gopro on wifi. After done with the event, i convert the video file to an iphone format and then upload back to the iphone via the "photo sync" option in iTunes.

I think that is pretty standard. I think the sync is about 0.5 sec off and i can notice it if i pay attention
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

jtt777 wrote:i have the gopro on wifi. After done with the event, i convert the video file to an iphone format and then upload back to the iphone via the "photo sync" option in iTunes.

I think that is pretty standard. I think the sync is about 0.5 sec off and i can notice it if i pay attention
I asked for details, not an outline.

What do you do after the video is on the iPhone? How do you know you're syncing the video to the correct lap?

Which way is the sync off, ahead or behind? What iPhone format specifically: resolution, frame rate, bit rate, audio format and audio bit rate. Go to Expert Settings and scroll down to Overlay Synchronization. What is the setting? What happens when you change the setting and overlay again?