Master Video Invalid Error when changing video

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
jtt777
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Master Video Invalid Error when changing video

Post by jtt777 »

Hi,

I just did a couple Auto-X and Harry's seemed to work really well. I was using the iPhone for the main video and also used a GoPro as a multicam. My intent was to use the GoPro as the master video.

After the event was over, i converted the gopro files and got them on the iPhone. I've gone into those Auto-X runs and added the GoPro video as a second video and it works totally fine for Picture in Picture, however when i try to move that video up to master and then ask for overlay, it says the video is an invalid master. I tried deleting all videos and adding back just the GoPro as master and that did not work. SInce these are Auto-X there is is no lap before or after. I did not add any metadata to the file, i just did the relink button and selected the video.

What do you think is the issue and how should i resolve it?

Regards,
Jeff
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Master Video Invalid Error when changing video

Post by Harry »

Can you please send a snapshot of the error message (there are actually several places it can be displayed in).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jtt777
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by jtt777 »

THanks Harry. Here are the files to see if that helps. This particular one shows one where i tried to use the go pro video as master and the iPhone video as PiP. However, I had the same issue when it was just the gopro video.
Attachments
This is how the gopro video looks in terms of lap time integration. I did a manual link to it, not metadata. is that the issue?
This is how the gopro video looks in terms of lap time integration. I did a manual link to it, not metadata. is that the issue?
IMG_1754[1].PNG (220.46 KiB) Viewed 3909 times
This is the warning seen in the overlay screen
This is the warning seen in the overlay screen
IMG_1757[1].PNG (64.49 KiB) Viewed 3909 times
This is the error message seen when hitting the overlay button
This is the error message seen when hitting the overlay button
IMG_1753[1].PNG (161.43 KiB) Viewed 3909 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Does the video have an audio track? Actually it is strange you do not get a duration in video details and get invalid states not only for the master, but for the reference and PiP too... Have you tested if it is possible to play the video?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
jtt777
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by jtt777 »

Yes, the video has an audio track and it plays correctly when clicked on. I converted it via handbrake and the file size is pretty small as well.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

What program and format did you use to edit and convert the GoPro video? HLT is somewhat picky about that for master video.
jtt777
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by jtt777 »

Also thinking that might be issue. i used Handbrake and picked something apple but maybe the container matters. let me try out some different formats and see. what do you recommend?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

For iOS, H.264 encoding and a .mov / Quicktime container.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jtt777
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by jtt777 »

I got it to actually work with a different setting in Handbrake but it is still doing it as an mp4 not a mov. I don't know a good free mov converter for the PC. Do you? I'll try this again and see if it still works. if so, i'll keep doing this but I am really not sure what has changed.

on a separate note, for AutoX, it seems like the sync is slightly off and i play with the video end of lap option but I am not sure if that is what really helps me get the proper sync. are there any tips you have on how to best do this?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case it is not possible to specify .mov in Handbrake (which would be strange from my PoV), you may try the underlying free command line tool ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i GOPRxxxx.MP4 video.mov

- Harry
Image Image Image Image