gopoint BT1 update rate issue

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
catcha
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

gopoint BT1 update rate issue

Post by catcha »

I have purchased a BT1 Go Point and have only started to get it working with Go Pro 3 Black edition and HLT and IPhone 5. I have notice that OBD update rate is now red. because the new version 18.2 actually tells you this as previously before it didn't.

When recording with Go Pro and overlapping the data and reviewing it. The RPM is stuck and gears are in the wrong gear. So i'm now wondering if the device is faulty or if the Debugging OBD Communication will fix my issue.

Is anyone else having these issues as well ????

When I use the Go Point App its fine and read the data. I have also update the Firmware recently to whatever it was as it prompted me.
Attachments
IMG_3302.PNG
IMG_3302.PNG (217.38 KiB) Viewed 3163 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: gopoint BT1 update rate issue

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Yes, you need to create a trace of the OBD communication to find out what the problem is: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1500
The only recent change for the BT1 integration has been the addition of battery voltage requests - a feature I had disabled for a long time because early versions of the BT1 didn't handle these correctly. But we will see what is going on when you send the log.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
catcha
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by catcha »

Hi Harry,

Thank you for your time to troubleshoot with my my error. thought I would post here as it may help others.

I was about to go send of an email to the supplier saying my BT1 was faulty. Before I did that I decided to try my IPAD mini Retina display wi-fi verson only 32GB. It has installed V18.0.15 and I have not updated yet.

I connected it the BT1 following the GoPoint instruction of full reset before connecting. Once connected I got a OBD update rate of highest of 7Hz down to about 3Hz never did it drop out for the 3 mins I was sitting in the car unlike my Iphone 5.

Its funny cause the IPAD has a better WIFI connectivity than my Iphone 5 and obviously bluetooth. I'm going to install HLT on my wifes 4S and see how that goes.

stay tuned going to do more testing
catcha
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by catcha »

Hi Harry,

did a test on my wife Iphone 4S now this had version V18.0.15 and was getting a constant 1-2Hz with the occasional 0hz but the little blue and green light in the engine bit was always flashing.

I then updated it to the latest version and tested it again. Straight away the OBD is at 0Hz and update rate is kinda no existent just like my Iphone 5.

Question is should I update my IPAD or keep something reliable to use on the track ? I'm going to keep the ipad on the V18.0.15 and see how it goes on track.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, actually you should "create a trace of the OBD communication" like described above.
Even when comparing versions and devices, we finally need to check the details for the iPh5 ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
catcha
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by catcha »

Hi Harry, I actually stuff it up and had my automatic update set in Wi-fi for Apps in the Ipad min.It has updated HLT to the latest version. I did test it and shows the same issue with IP5, IP4s and now IPAD Mini
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Why don't you create the trace as discussed? Any help needed here?

Harry
Image Image Image Image