[SOLVED] NO GPS

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
MICAM
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

[SOLVED] NO GPS

Post by MICAM »

I HAVE DONLOADED THE LAPTIMER PRO APP AND CAN'T GET ANY DATA FROM THE GPS. THE PAGE REMAINS MOTIONLESS WITHOUT EVEN A DATE OR TIME. AT ALL TIMES THE SDTANDARD LAP TIMER WORKS MAPS FEATURE ON THE DESKTOP ALL DISPLAY GPS POSITIONING AND DATA
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NO GPS

Post by Harry »

Hello my friend,

To start with a very basic question, which device do you use?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MICAM
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by MICAM »

Hello Harry
The device is an iphone 4
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k., please check the following:
  1. Goto Settings app
  2. Check you have NOT selected flight mode
  3. Navigate into Loacation Services
  4. Make sure you have both general location service and LapTimer location service enabled
  5. Start LapTimer and change to GPS View
  6. Go outside (i.e. do not test in a room)
  7. Wait some seconds / minutes to give your phone a chance to get a lock
Please note that LapTimer shows effective GPS update rate, which means it shows values >0 with a valid GPS position only.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MICAM
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by MICAM »

Harry

I made the adjustments as you suggested and that cured the problem,,,thanks for that.

My next issue is not with the timer, I just don't know how to do it. The events i am involved in are sprints were we run one and a half laps against the clock. We start from the pit lane, break the timer, do a full lap and then break the finish beam at approximately 1.5 laps later. Therefore if i use the pit lane to start recording data, how do i get the timer to ignore the finish point the first time the car passes and end on the second pass?

thanks

Michael
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

There is no general solution for this. Here are two work arounds that may work:
  1. Place the standing go trigger in the pit lane. Assuming the pit lane is to the right if the start / finish straight, define he stop trigger to the leftmost position (or even beyond) of the track.
  2. Make the stop trigger a stop / go trigger, so you can add the time and at least know what happened. The dominant difference (on time achieved) will come from the full lap anyway?
- Harry
Image Image Image Image