Crash during Overlaying Video...

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Scott McIntyre
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Crash during Overlaying Video...

Post by Scott McIntyre »

LapTimer v18.0.24
iPhone 4S iOS 7.1.1

Whenever I try to overlay the video, LapTimer crashes partway through the process.
  • Image Image Image Image
I have tried restarting the phone to clear out the memory, but it still crashes.

I have sync'ed the phone with my PC, and there are no current LapTimer*.crash or LapTimer*.ips files. However, there is a current LowMemory*.ips file which I will email to you.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crash during Overlaying Video...

Post by Harry »

The low memory log shows the typical issues with a media server memory leak. I have been told (Apple developer forum) this is fixed since iOS7.1 - which seems to be not the case (see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1693 item #2). Please turn off the reference video option and try again. This will usually work.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Scott McIntyre
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Scott McIntyre »

Ah yes, I hadn't even noticed I had the Reference Video turned on. I turned it off and the video overlay worked fine. Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

It should certainly work including the reference video - but adding it as PiP increases memory growth of the media server. Especially for the iPhone4 and 4S (and other iOS devices with 512 MB main memory only) it is getting too much pretty fast.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Scott McIntyre
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Scott McIntyre »

I was planning to try Picture in Picture using both my iPhone and iPod Touch, but based on this recent experience it seems unlikely I'll get it to work with my old 4S. Guess I'll have to wait until I upgrade my phone, unless my iPad2 could handle the overlay... Do you know if an iPad2 has more than 512 MB main memory?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The iPad2 has 512 MB too, the iPad3 is the first one with 1024MB. Nevertheless, it should be not a problem to use PiPs in general. Simply record the PiP using SD resolution (that's enough due to the size PiPs are displayed in) and memory requirements are a lot lower.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Scott McIntyre
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Scott McIntyre »

Ok thanks. Will give it a try then.
T4nkcommander
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by T4nkcommander »

Harry wrote: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:37 pm The iPad2 has 512 MB too, the iPad3 is the first one with 1024MB. Nevertheless, it should be not a problem to use PiPs in general. Simply record the PiP using SD resolution (that's enough due to the size PiPs are displayed in) and memory requirements are a lot lower.

- Harry
Is there a way to do this easily within HLT, or must I downscale the video manually, relink it in HLT, then overlay? If that's the case I think I'd be better served just doing it in dashware post process.