Request and discussion on new / to change features
froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

GM oil temp & pressure GM transmission temp

Post by froggy47 »

From one of my Corvette Forums FWIW

How to get non standard obd info.

GM Oil Temp: set up custom PID 221154, unit C, max/min 215/-40, equation A-40. It's not exactly correct but it's usually within 5-10 degrees on my DIC. I think this is part of the GM extended PID set that you can access thru the Torque main menu.

GM Trans temp: set up custom PID 221940, unit C, max/min 200/0, equation A-40. I have no way to confirm if this provides a accurate number. This also is part of the GM extended PID set (listed as GM Method 1). Unfortunately this PID is not available on the Track Recorder (need to message the app author on that one), but it can be installed and seen on the live data page.

GM Oil Press: This was a toughie. Set up custom PID 22115c, unit PSI, max/min 100/0, equation (A*.065)-17.5. This is not part of the extended PID set, you have to create it from scratch. It's a little jumpy on my application -- while DIC says steady 42 PSI, for example, Torque will show it jumping between, say, 41-43. Dunno what's up with that.

When data is changing rapidly (e.g., go pedal is mashed) the datalogger function seems to have trouble keeping up (RPM lags, for example). There is a Torque option to use "Faster communication" with the OBD II adapter, I need to try that (Torque says it may not work with some devices). There is also an option on the same screen to "Don't calculate MPG/Fuel" which they say will speed up data retrieval.
Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06
Moto X/android, Dual 160, generic OBD2
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: GM oil temp & pressure GM transmission temp

Post by gplracerx »

Mode 22 PID's (22xxxx) are all manufacturers proprietary codes. It may work ok if you can access them from the OBD bus. If you have to go the the CAN bus, it gets more complicated. And GM's codes are different from Ford's, etc.
froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by froggy47 »

gplracerx wrote:Mode 22 PID's (22xxxx) are all manufacturers proprietary codes. It may work ok if you can access them from the OBD bus. If you have to go the the CAN bus, it gets more complicated. And GM's codes are different from Ford's, etc.
Thanks, yes, I just posted this if anyone smarter than me (about obd) was interested in playing with it.

:)
Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I actually have an OBD/accelerometer/gyro that connects to an ARDUINO that is programmable and should be able to do stuff like that. But I'm still far down on the programming learning curve.
froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by froggy47 »

gplracerx wrote:I actually have an OBD/accelerometer/gyro that connects to an ARDUINO that is programmable and should be able to do stuff like that. But I'm still far down on the programming learning curve.

:D
Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06