Lap Time not "shown" after each lap.

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
antraasa
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Lap Time not "shown" after each lap.

Post by antraasa »

When I use the multiple lap overlay/video process....it does not show the last lap "time" (for ~10 seconds). The "current" lap time just goes to 0:00 and restarts when I cross the start/finish. There is no posting of the lap time elsewhere (separate box) in the overlay video. I see this on other's youtube examples (a separate box that stays for 10 seconds), but it's not working on mine.

Using: iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1, HLT 18.0.15 Grand Prix. I verified the "display time" is set for 10 seconds in the settings...if that is even the setting that controls this.

Sorry, could not find any documentation on how this works... Thoughts on a fix?

Thanks!

P.S. Love the App and all the improvements! :D
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lap Time not "shown" after each lap.

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Sorry for my late answer. I tested a multi lap overlay a minute ago and I can't see a problem here. The lap times stay for several seconds (that is hard coded) both when transitioning from lap n to lap n+1 and for the last lap. For the last lap, the video may stop just with the finish line - in this case, the result is visible for a very short time only. To work around, add extra video recording time and extend the overlay some seconds beyond the finish (Extro setting in Overlay Configuration).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
antraasa
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by antraasa »

I made a quick video of several laps (just the start/stop portion) to illustrate what it's doing - and put it on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUwGDBOa10k

I tried a few different ways (with/without my second cam) and didn't make a difference. Do I need to "reload" HLT on the phone (no idea how to do that)...

Thanks again!

PS - yes, I know my rear-view mirror was loose :)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Oh, I looked in a different item... For video overlays you should see a count down to sector and lap time plus a sector / lap display in the top right. The lap time in the bottom left is always the current lap time. It is not designed like in the Timer view (blinking value). Please check this video at around 3:19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtkV5mQlAsM

Or maybe you have turn off this feature? In Overlay Configuration, please swipe to the second page and make sure you have "Countdown" active.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
antraasa
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by antraasa »

FIXED! Ah...I swiped to the second page and turned on the countdown timer - that corrected it! I could not find that explanation in the documentation - that the countdown timer also triggers the last-lap time display.

Thanks so much for your quick responses....appreciated.

Andy