Housekeeping Videos

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Housekeeping Videos

Post by Harry »

Please search for "session video". Will be supported starting v18.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Ch3N02
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

housekeeping video question

Post by Ch3N02 »

im a rookie... lol

I did 3 laps at Laguna Seca two days ago and used the app on my iphone 5 for the first time

the videos started form the start/finish line

after my 3rd lap we pulled into pit row and I hit something on my phone as I removed it from the car

I only have 2 video laps that i was able to overlay the track info on

I did find the raw video in my phone (all 3 laps) and my question is how do I do an overlay for that whole video and how do I export it to a computer?

Thanks!!
Ch3N02
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Ch3N02 »

how do I do an overlay to a video in the sandbox then export it so I can save it to a computer?

I have an iphone 5
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Ch3N02 wrote:how do I do an overlay to a video in the sandbox then export it so I can save it to a computer?

I have an iphone 5
Please check the video documentation for topics like this: http://www.gps-laptimer.com/LapTimerDoc ... hapter.pdf
Once a lap is recorded, navigate to that lap in Lap List. Select the row representing that lap and check you see both GPS data (Data Recording) and the raw video. Press the "Overlay" button to overlay and transfer the new video to the Photo library. From here, you can both sync it to your desktop using iTunes, or distribute it to youtube directly.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Never2
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Never2 »

I would like to copy all of the videos that show up under "Laptimer Recordings" to my computer so that I can free up space on my iPod...but I don't just want to delete them using the "Housekeeping" option, as I'd like to keep them intact for later viewing. Is there a way to do this? They don't get included when you "Import Pictures/Videos" from the iPod...

Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The standard way is to move them to the Photo Library (Video List -> any video -> Move) and sync it to your desktop using corresponding iTunes Photo(!) sync settings. As an alternative, search and download the free iBrowser tool available on the net. Find the LapTimer Documents folder and copy over the *.mov files. In case you do not renamed them, you can move them back later and LapTimer will link them to the laps shown again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
GlnkNL
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by GlnkNL »

I use Dropbox which automatically syncs all photos/videos 'Camera Uploads'. It's nice as a backup and you can delete files from the phone library without actually losing the files :)
GlnkNL
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by GlnkNL »

Is there a way to only record video from the connected GoPro and record only the overlay/data from the phone in HL? My phone videos are useless as it only records my dashboard :)

It would be nice to have this option because I have a 16GB iPhone
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Planned for a future release.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
shaneeudy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by shaneeudy »

GlnkNL wrote:Is there a way to only record video from the connected GoPro and record only the overlay/data from the phone in HL? My phone videos are useless as it only records my dashboard :)
I agree this would be a nice addition. In the meantime try this: In the video recording screen click on Video Settings (the little wrench icon) and flip the switch for Front Camera. Mount the iPhone so it points at you and you'll have a nice little bonus video of you driving. Sure, it still takes up space, but not as much as the rear camera, and at least you can use it for something.