Dual XGPS160

Discussion related to external and internal GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou sensors
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Dual XGPS160

Post by gplracerx »

38F/62R wrote:gplracerx, like you I couldn't use the skypro app on my i Phone 4s to update the 160 firmware. I tried it multiple times, but it never worked. Was about to ship the unit back to dual. As a last resort my brother in law put the app on his iPad for me though. From there the update worked perfectly.
Do you know what model iPad and what version of the OS it was running? I tried my daughter's iPad and it didn't work either. I'll try a different one today.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I updated my XGPS160 using an iPad1...
Image Image Image Image
38F/62R
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by 38F/62R »

gplracerx wrote:
38F/62R wrote:gplracerx, like you I couldn't use the skypro app on my i Phone 4s to update the 160 firmware. I tried it multiple times, but it never worked. Was about to ship the unit back to dual. As a last resort my brother in law put the app on his iPad for me though. From there the update worked perfectly.
Do you know what model iPad and what version of the OS it was running? I tried my daughter's iPad and it didn't work either. I'll try a different one today.
I'm sorry but I don't know...good luck.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

The iPad app worked. However, it did take about 5 tries before I succeeded. It would say it had updated, but it was still version 1.1.0. Finally, the update percentage went to 100% and the XGPS160 turned itself off, which didn't happen on previous tries. When restarted and connected to the app, the firmware version was 1.2.0. The blue dot now stays blue.

Dual customer support says a new version of the iPhone app is coming out soon. Maybe sending them my crash log accomplished something.
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

I've just updated mine to the 1.3 firmware using the new version of the app and an iPhone 5.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Worked for me the second time. The first time, the update dialog did not progress the 0%. After 2 minutes it showed the update has been successful, but even after rebooting, the device reported 1.2.0 Second time, it progressed as expected and turned the XGPS off when the upgrade has been finished. Shows v1.3.0 now.

I have no information on difference between 1.2 and 1.3

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

The new version of the app still doesn't work with an iPhone 4 or an iPod Touch 4g. It crashes to the desktop while deleting the log files just like the previous version. I guess I'll have to find someone with an iPhone 5 or an iPad to update.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

After many false starts, I was finally able to update the firmware on my XGPS160 to 1.3.0 using the new version of the iPhone SkyPro app (2.2.0) on an iPhone 4. What seemed to work was to delete the app, reboot the phone and reload the app. In the meantime, I had also updated the iPhone OS to 7.1.1. Another thing I did was to get away from other BT devices. Anyway, success!

I'm going to an autocross this weekend. It will be interesting to see if things work better.
Augustyniak
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Augustyniak »

Does anyone have any issues getting the 160 to provide updates to HLT? Mine regularly shows 0 Hz but is connected in the devices menu. Thoughts? Is there any particular order of operations you use?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The XGPS160 usually works fine independent of the order connected. 0 Hz for the GPS means HLPT is connected to the Dual but the it does not deliver valid fixes currently. As long as you see a red dot in the GPS View / Satellites, this means data is coming in, but the XGPS has no satellite lock currently.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image