recording data to overlay video

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
solflower
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

recording data to overlay video

Post by solflower »

I want to use the data from my laps outputted to a video generated internally. Is there a way to generate just the overlay on a blank, black or white background. I want to use the speed, map overlay etc.. overlayed on the video shot with my gopro and contour cameras (I wont end up using the iphone video at all), and I dont want to overlay this data to video in an external application. Is this possible? The one solution ive thought of is just covering the lense and recording black video to overlay later in FCP.

Please advise?
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: recording data to overlay video

Post by bulls23 »

Right now there is no such function in LapTimer. Personally I don't get why you don't want to use something like Dashware (which I prefer) or Trackvision...
If you still need the Laptimer overlay on a background color you could try this:
Simply generate a white, black or whatever color you want video file in 720p and the length you need, sync it with the camera roll and then associate it with the lap you want in LapTimer. Keep in mind that the overlay graphics are semi transparent so the background color will have an effect on the overlay.
csmarx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: recording data to overlay video

Post by csmarx »

Why don't you edit the GoPro video to the correct lap length and save as 720p. Then synchronize the video to the iPhone camera roll. In LapTimer go to the lap, edit and add the video to the lap. Finally press the overlay button.