Adding splits to an existing track set

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
king-rb
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by king-rb »

Is there a simple way to add Splits to an existing trackset? Ideally I would like to add the splits from a Buttonwillow Raceway CW#13, to the CCW1 configuration.
I didn't see the option when trying to edit the POI's.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Adding splits to an existing track set

Post by Harry »

Please just let me know if all should be taken or only a subset. I will do that on the server side.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
king-rb
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by king-rb »

Hi Harry, thanks for the quick response. I actually manually added the 3 splits in a similar location on the CCW1 map created by you, by using the map function. I set the angle of each split, hopefully it's accurate. If all works out this next weekend I will let you know.
If you would like to add them on your server side that would be fine too, and I'll have my friend verify that layout.
Also, I noticed that the start/finish trigger appeared to be pointed the wrong way for CCW, so I added 180 degrees to the POI. Can you verify that?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I had a look into the track sets. BW13 CW and CCW look good and have all directions set to the right direction.
BW1 CCW is older and less elaborated but looks o.k. Splits are a little different, Split 1 in particular. But Split 1 seems to be part of the small track portion that is different between BW13 and BW1?

So actually I'm a little confused what you actually want to have changed? :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
king-rb
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by king-rb »

Hi Harry, I'll try to clarify. BW #13CW works well, with 3 split sectors. the #1 configuration is longer and includes Star Mazda Turn. I wanted to add the same sectors from BW #13CW to the POI's on 1CCW created by you. I did add them manually now, and also adjusted one corner "off ramp" to the correct "button hook" location as well.
I also think the Start/Finish should be 260 deg when running CCW.
Lastly, the track set of CCW1 by Gabriel Shadid only has sectors, so not sure why that's an option to download.
I recommend only having one Buttonwillow Raceway option for #13 CW, #13 CCW, #1 CW & #1 CCW. these are by far the most popular of the configurations.
king-rb
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by king-rb »

Hi Harry, tested out my track set & worked great. Submitted for verification. My buddy couldn't get his HLT to work running CCW1, and I realized your start trigger is facing CW.
I suggest keeping only one Buttonwillow CW#13, CCW#13, CW#1, CCW#1 to avoid confusion.
Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I have updated the CCW 1 track based on your input, refined the CW 1, and moved the other CCW 1 to outdated. All four configurations have splits and the full set of corner names now. Thanks for cleaning up this mess :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
38F/62R
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by 38F/62R »

Can someone tell me how to setup Road Atlanta so it has split times? Unless I am mistaken there are none for this track. Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

38F/62R wrote:Can someone tell me how to setup Road Atlanta so it has split times? Unless I am mistaken there are none for this track. Thanks!
Just download Road Atlanta and add split triggers as described here: http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Tracks.html
Please make sure the new triggers are grouped into Road Atlanta - i.e. belong to that track set. The group is defined within the Trigger / POI details - simply select Road Atlanta as the POI Group.

Although LapTimer allows up to 8 splits per track, I recommend to define 3 splits (4 sectors) given the length of Road Atlanta. In case there are no official split positions, my recommendation is to place splits at the end of straights - clearly ahead of the braking point.

Once you have refined the track set, certify it as described in the link above. Please add a note like "added x splits to existing track set". Please do not change the start / finish trigger as this will void all existing laps.

Thanks, Harry
Image Image Image Image
38F/62R
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by 38F/62R »

Harry, do I need to do the real life test of the sectors I created before I certify? Or since Road Atlanta is already in the database should I certify now?
Thanks