Housekeeping Videos

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Housekeeping Videos

Post by Harry »

I received several questions on how to get rid of space consumed by videos not required any more.

General memory management for videos is described here: http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Video.html

The current version 15 is not too convenient and complete in this area. Before I give some how to-s please keep in mind LapTimer records whole session (several laps) as one video. So you must not delete the raw video as long as you want to overlay any individual lap pointing to that video.

To delete a video, select any lap with a video and press "Select". In the Video List you see now, LT show all videos managed by LapTimer - both those that are stored in LapTimer's documents area, and those that have been generated and moved to the Photo library by LapTimer. You can delete any video in the "LapTimer Recordings" section from here, those not used by any lap any more have a red exclamation mark. To purge all those orphan videos, press the "Housekeep" button. To delete any individual video, press "Edit"(!) first and delete the video afterwards.

Videos in the Photo library cannot be deleted from within LapTimer. Instead, use the Photo app to delete them.

LapTimer v16 will add several features that make it much easier to take care for videos:
  1. There will be a general Video List available (so no need to navigate through individual laps).
  2. General reference counting for videos. As soon as a video is not required any more, you will be prompted to delete.
  3. Deleting an overlaid video will revert the lap's video to the original raw video, including sync point.
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
**betsy**
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Housekeeping Videos

Post by **betsy** »

Hi, Having some problems with lap timer trying to back up to icloud with 1.9Gb data.
now, i have deleted the videos and laps from the App and camera roll, same issue?

only thing left is to delete the app and reinstall?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case you are sure you have deleted all videos in LapTimer's Documents area, you can remove the following files from LapTimer Documents folder: all .png, .hpoil, AND all directories starting with 'recovery'. Please use iExplorer to perform this.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
**betsy**
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by **betsy** »

Hi Harry, I can only comment on what i can see, or not see, with in the app it's self, no data for laps or tracks is currently showing?
As for using iexplorer to carry out deleting of other files i have no idea how i would do this, running windows XP..
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Housekeeping Videos

Post by Harry »

IExplorer is available for both Window and Mac, just google for "iExplorer download".

Harry
Image Image Image Image
**betsy**
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by **betsy** »

Right, D/L that prog and can see various .png files with in 'Documents' as well as a .mov file, 1.9GB!
im unable to delete ANY of these files...

How about an App delete and redownload it..
assuming i can re-download the video pro again of course..
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Housekeeping Videos

Post by Harry »

Why can't you delete the video using the description in my Video Housekeeping post?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
**betsy**
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by **betsy** »

The app is now empty, no lap list, tracks, videos etc...

using iexplorer will not alow me to delete any of the files..
**betsy**
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by **betsy** »

Deleted and reinstalled the app, seemed the easier less hassle approach..
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi again,

This is just to sum up this thread. Starting with v16, LT has a separate view on all videos - the Video View. Using this view, it is pretty easy to delete and move videos.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image