Housekeeping Videos

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Housekeeping Videos

Post by PitrsRS »

Hi Harry. Maybe I have a dumb question, but I missed this.
I was on trackday today. I used GoPro 7, and it makes approx. 4GB files. So for 1 session I have 3 separate files. So, how I can insert 3 files into 1 session?

Or should I merge them into the one video and then upload into HLT?
2016 SEAT Leon CUPRA 290 ST

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You need to merge the chunks before transferring it to your smartphone.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
aronis
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by aronis »

Please update the software to list the iPhone Album Video's by date and time. Currently is a random list. So if you have many videos on your iPhone, Harry's Laptimer becomes kinda useless to make a video.

While you are considering this. Perhaps allow the user to point to a specific folder for video content which is race related. As opposed to the whole video list of every video on the iPhone. You know, other than race stuff.

Thank you,

Mike
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I have this on my list.

But: when working lap centric, you will not need to select or search for videos. Simply goto Lap List and work from here. LapTimer has been designed to be used lap / session - not video centric. The option to overlay from Video List has been added late and fosters the use of Video List. :-(
Image Image Image Image
aronis
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by aronis »

most excellent.....thank you....

Hey, while I have your ear......the GoPro triggering works great. LOL. Any plans to have it trigger more than one at a time? The hand held remote can do it.

Mike
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

At least for the old API used currently, WiFi is used to connect the cam. This is a many to 1 connection, so multiple cams cannot be triggered. The remote uses some proprietary protocol, not WiFi as available for smartphones.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Bleak December
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Bleak December »

Hi Harry, everyone

More on this. I’ve had my first trackday using LapTimer and now I’ve been playing with some of the features “after the fact”.

Aside from all the powerful tools to analyze your lap data, I’ve been trying to create some fancy videos and I am having quite a hard time getting my head around on how to import the video from my external cam into a lap session, maybe I haven’t done a proper research but I am stuck.

I get into the specific lap from which I want to link the video then I click on edit > add video and a new screen with 4 different options is presented:

LAPTIMER RECORDINGS
MULTICAM ICLOUD
GOPRO
PHOTOS APP

The flow I’m using is to get my videos into the Photos app first but on this last section I’m only getting some random videos which start popping up after some seconds but not always the one I’m interested, what I’m doing wrong?

Thank you!

Bleak
Bleak December
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Bleak December »

I found out the video I wanted to overlay was on HEVC, not sure if that was the reason but after converting it to H.264 it did appear… :roll:

However, I still don’t know the criteria of the clips appearing on the Photos App section :?: