Great product, minor niggle.

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Dale Lomas
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Great product, minor niggle.

Post by Dale Lomas »

Before I rant, let me just say this product is a real piece of art. Well done.

Anyway, I'm a tiny bit pissed as I was out doing some laps tonight on the Nordschleife, had the perfect laps. Lots of clear track, last opportunity to drive my press review car and get a BTG time before it goes back and before the crap weather comes next week.

I just did two laps, really good ones. Very, very happy with them. I couldn't wait to see the time and video. Was really hoping I was under 8 minutes.

Set it all up, track, car etc... Get back in after 1 lap... uh oh! Video is 31 seconds long and so is the data capture. :o

SHIT. Last chance. Second lap is also last lap. I see the layout is set on Nordschleife. It stopped recording at T13! Oh shit, I think. I must have selected the wrong track layout! I select 'NordschleifeBTG' again and go out for my last lap.

Come in... oh dear. Layout has changed back to Nordschleife and I have another 31 second video.

Yep, turns out this software sees the start finish at T13 from the 'Nordschleife' layout and automatically finishes the lap there EVEN THOUGH I specifically chose NordschleifeBTG. So when you choose NordschleifeBTG, you must also DELETE the Nordschleife configuration totally off the phone. Choosing a track doesn't fix the track on that particular layout. It will change if it sees another Start/Finish line from another track file.

A hard lesson was learnt tonight. :roll:
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Great product, minor niggle.

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Correct analysis. This is the way LapTimer currently works. All tracks loaded will trigger automatically, not only the one selected.
This is the reason I've added a overlap analysis and warning in the Lap List View...

Sorry for the inconvenience, I plan to make the mechanism bullet proof in v14 and will disable tracks configurations as soon as they overlap (except one).

Harald
Image Image Image Image
Jason Mayer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Jason Mayer »

Hi Harry

I’ve just encountered the same issue at the same track, but as I dont live up the road from the Nordschleife, I’m hoping there is something I can do with the data now that I’m back home in the UK.

I figured there was something wrong with the track POIs as they seem to be in rather a random order, so I deleted the track after first exporting the data to my mac.

Now that I’m home, is there some way of reinserting the data into a track so I can figure out my lap times? I was also looking for a sub 8 min lap, but in my case it would be for the first time.

Any help you have would be appreciated, and BTW I love this app - just want it to work at the ring ;)

Cheers

Jason
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The POIs are sorted by latitude - which is mainly for technical reasons an a good alternative.

Saying you exported the data to your Mac - what do you mean? The usual way to backup and restore is exporting laps using the .hlptrl format. To import / restore, you send this file to a mail account available on your iPhone and press the .hlptrl attachment. Open in LapTimer when you are asked.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image