Orientation not working as expected

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
cars4enjoying
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Orientation not working as expected

Post by cars4enjoying »

I was preparing for a track session today and I couldn't get horizontal orientation to work correctly.

It would display correctly on the initial screen but as soon as I selected Race - > Classic it would either switch to portrait and complain about calibration or display a corrupt display.

Once this happens the only way I found to switch it is to rotate the phone for portrait and then back to landscape.

I did get acceleration calibrated successfully for the install of the phone, however the text while doing so was in the wrong orientation so mentioning in case this is the cause.
Last edited by cars4enjoying on Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Orientation not working as expected

Post by Harry »

There is a number of LapTimer screens available in portrait only. Both acceleration calibration and Classic view belong to these. These portrait only screens should simple stay as they are when rotated to landscape. The above display should not occur. In case you can reproduce this, please send a step by step description - that would be helpful.

Acceleration calibration can be done in Portrait. LapTimer will do the rotation stuff automatically when using a landscape view. The Acceleration Calibration screen is not necessary to get the individual calibration at all. It is just to check whether this process working fine. LapTimer will do this in background otherwise. I strongly recommend to use one off the automatic presets instead of individual calibration, they work very well.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cars4enjoying
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by cars4enjoying »

Thanks Harry, the corrupt display seems random, but not common when selecting classic from a landscape view. If I notice anything else specific in the repo case I'll let you know.

If I'm doing multicam including internal camera which display for general track session would you recommend?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

While driving - always always Timer View. All video modes work in background.
Image Image Image Image