Porsche 718 Cayman GTS model 982 - PIDs for GEAR

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Tormento
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Porsche 718 Cayman GTS model 982 - PIDs for GEAR

Post by Tormento »

Hello.
I purchased Harry's Laptimer GrandPrix for maximum functionality
I bought the OBDLink mx + (the fastest) and see attached what I can read.
Screenshot_20220415-154620_LapTimer.jpg
Screenshot_20220415-154620_LapTimer.jpg (726.81 KiB) Viewed 473 times
I would like to see the GEAR engaged and I know that I must have Porsche specific codes (PIDS) for the gear.
I have read all your manual but does not solve the problem.
Harry's lap timer manual.pdf
(8.55 MiB) Downloaded 47 times
I know you can't give information about specific PIDS to all customers for all cars… would be impossible ... but i really don't know where to start to find it. I have searched the internet everywhere and also in other lap timer forums or specific Porsche forums, but I didn’t found.
Are there some app which can get them by OBD?
Do you think Porsche PIDS are the same for every Porsche (or every 718) or each model has its own? Can the official Porsche dealer help me to find them or they will not know what we're talking about?

Finally as many of your customers I think have Porsche, could you please tell me if you know anyone who has PIDS for the 718 Cayman mod 982 or who can I ask?
Having bought the OBD Link mx + and using it only as standard OBD without have GEAR is very sad
Thanks
Simone
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Porsche 718 Cayman GTS model 982 - PIDs for GEAR

Post by Harry »

I have never seen any custom PIDs for Porsches on the net.
But to get gear information, a custom PID is not required. Just fill in gear ratios, drive ratio, wheel sizes and drive type and LapTimer will calculate it from speed and rpms.

Harald
Image Image Image Image