Droidash-K and GPS module

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Ginthahouse
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Droidash-K and GPS module

Post by Ginthahouse »

Hallo everybody,

I'm new here and new with HLT. Searched the forum but couldn't find an answer.

I recently bought a "new" car with honda conversion and will be doing some trackdays with it.
It comes with this android radio: https://www.joyingauto.eu/joying-new-6- ... tereo.html
I will be using it to read my doctronic info as the ECU has a WIFI module using the Droidash-K app.

A couple of questions.

First one. As the radio has a split screen option I was thinking of using HLT as well as the Droiddash-K app. The stereo comes with it's own GPS antenna (see picture). Will this be sufficient for a good readout of HLT.

Second one: is there a possibility to get the ECU info (like rpm, gear etc.) in HLT.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
image.png
image.png (298.83 KiB) Viewed 487 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Droidash-K and GPS module

Post by Harry »

I can't answer, you need to test this yourself. It depends on the way Android is implemented on this device. In case the GPS data is properly injected into Android, LapTimer will use it automatically. For OBD I doubt it will work. Except for the OBDLink SX device, all integration is using BT SPP or BT LE.

You can use Harry's GPS/OBD Buddy to test this too.
Image Image Image Image