Video image stabilization disable

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
khammo01
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Video image stabilization disable

Post by khammo01 »

Hello - is there any way to disable video stabilization on iPhone 4 / 4S?
The video quality is great, but due to vibrations of the car, the edges of the screen are wavy / jittery / tearing. There seems to be no way to turn off stabilization in the Camera app.

See this video to get an idea of what I am talking about:
http://vimeo.com/31142215

Please see comments near the bottom.

A third party app called Filmic Pro appears to be able to disable the stabilization, by apparently choosing a different frame rate or using different compression when recording video.

Harry, have you noticed this in your videos, and have you thought about any way to disable it or reduce the effects?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video image stabilization disable

Post by Harry »

Hi,

As stated correctly in the replies to the video linked below, iOS has currently no setting to turn this off (like e.g. the autofocus). I will monitor this in future iOS versions as this would be the best solution. I will check the bitrate setting as a work around like it seems to be done in Filmic. They state bitrate needs to be higher to get this turned off implicitly - which gets a problem on iPhone4Ses as vids are huge already. Maybe reducing resolution to HD (instead of FullHD) is an option too... Need to check.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image