Android OS v11 video transfer to/from SD card

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
cayman pyrat
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Android OS v11 video transfer to/from SD card

Post by cayman pyrat »

I have a Samsung S10 running latest Android version 11 OS. On one of the recent updates in the past year, the ability to access and transfer files to the Movies folder (/storage/xxxx/android/data/com.harrys.laptimerpro/files/movies) is gone. The only way I have figured out to access the folder is to dismount the SD card, connect it to my PC using a card reader, do the file operation, then remount the card. Then HLT can find the video (i.e GoPro video file) with no problems.

None of the file explorer apps I have tried (My Files, etc) will either show anything other than an "empty" android/data folder, even though HLT shows all of the videos in the folder.

This makes moving GoPro videos to the phone for processing, and moving the overlay videos to the PC quite difficult.

Is there any workaround or solution someone has found?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Android OS v11 video transfer to/from SD card

Post by Harry »

The last version 24.5 has a tweak added to work around this issue. It seems to be specific to Samsung phones. I have received another report this is still broken for 24.5. In case you’d like to support troubleshooting, please send a mail with your Google ID to Harry@gps-laptimer.de I will add you to the 24.5.1 beta tester group and send instructions on logging the issue.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
svtdoug
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Android OS v11 video transfer to/from SD card

Post by svtdoug »

Harry,
I am having the same issue with Android 11 on a Samsung Galaxy A50. Can't access the SD card LapTimer Data folder. And I've tried sending a link or the upload feature and nothing seems to work. Ill send you my Google ID. I've Beta tested before with you.

Thanks,
Doug
2018 Shelby GT350 - Leadfoot Gray with black strip