Heading to the track next week and want to be ready

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Mr_2mAn
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Heading to the track next week and want to be ready

Post by Mr_2mAn »

Hey everyone, I’ve hand the Lap Timer for nearly a year now but finally heading to the track next weekend. I’ve tried to set up the timer for some canyon runs as an autocross course but those attempts have failed, but the track I’m heading to is already loaded so I want to make sure it works when I get there.

Track: Streets of Willow
Phone/ Camera: iPhone 12 Mini
OBD thingie: VeePak BLE

So practicing at home, preparing the race and loading up the track seems quite easy but I’m hoping to get full use of camera and vehicle data.

Please help !! Thanks!

-Simon
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Heading to the track next week and want to be ready

Post by Harry »

Please revisit Quick Reference included in LapTimer. It lists the important steps to record laps successfully. Please keep in mind Streets of Willow comes in a CW and a counter CW configuration. Make sure you load the right one matching your track day setup.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
dookie454
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Heading to the track next week and want to be ready

Post by dookie454 »

set a trigger out of your driveway or down the road, like I do to play. Then every day if you leave you can test it and get used to how it works, and play with the datalogs and video overlay. Manually stop it awhile after you trigger the start . Or setup a start and stop trigger. You should get familiar with how it works, but if you have the track selected, it should auto trigger.

Also play with manually triggering the start if it's a video as you leave the pit. This way you capture pre-track data which is sometimes nice. That is also easy, just hit the START/REC circle depending on what screen your on.