Performance view

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Nsducati
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Performance view

Post by Nsducati »

I hope this has not been covered before, I really did search. What is performance view and what is the difference from timer view and why would I use one over the other?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Performance view

Post by Harry »

Performance View switches LapTimer from position based triggering (like a start / finish line) to speed based triggering (e.g. acceleration testing from 60 to 120 mph). So for circuits, use Timer.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
dookie454
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by dookie454 »

Anybody had any luck getting good 0-60 data? My setup seems to start logging at some point after I take off. I wanted to set the trigger to 1mph, and stop at 60mph, but I cant do that. Choices for start are: 0mph, 19mph+. Plus, I dont see a way to manually start recording on the Performance screen. This way I could look through the CSV and calculate 0-60 that way, based on where 1mph starts.

This with 10hz GPS rate.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

GPS speeds for very slow movements are too noise to be used. LapTimer has some technics implemented to identify a start (speed around zero, going to a significant speed value), but it makes no sense to specific something like 1 or 2 mph. This is the reason you can select these values. So please try 0 to 60 settings again. LapTimer / Dyno will report the start a few seconds late. This is because GPS data is coming in late and because of the technic mentioned above. But besides the notification / beep coming up late, the app will extrapolate the range from zero and deliver correct times starting at zero. This is related to viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5652

To record an arbitrary range of data, enable Manual Timing in LapTimer's Settings and use the Start button in Timer View. In case you have Dyno (not LapTimer), this feature is not available.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

P.S. please accelerate to a speed bigger than 60mph, LapTimer / Dyno will require a speed above the target speed to detect it.
Image Image Image Image
dookie454
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by dookie454 »

Thanks, you answered both questions. This is why the video portion is not really included then, makes sense.

I think I can leave Automatic Timing, and just start a Recording manually on the video screen to achieve the same thing. Then review the data in the .csv. I'll try this later. I do have a 10hz GPS.