Lap starting 1+ Sec behind start/finish line

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
ckortane
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Lap starting 1+ Sec behind start/finish line

Post by ckortane »

I've been struggling for a few hours trying to just sync the video with the start/finish line and the actual laptimer.
I set up a session (13x laps) and ensured the video was in sync crossing the finish line, and had that set for the entire session.
When i go to the video however, the lap starts already with 1.34secs on the clock.
I assume this has something to do either video or gps or obd update.

i've played around with expert mode and the video delay settings but can't seem to get it right.

in addition, the gears and rpms seem all out of whack eventhough i double checked all the settings for the vehicle setup (secondary - just want to get video correct)

Any ideas? am i on the right path but just need to keep tweaking things within the video and sensor delays?

I'm using:
iphone 11 Pro
GoPro Hero 7 Black
XGPS160
KIWI OBD

Thanks,
Colin
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lap starting 1+ Sec behind start/finish line

Post by Harry »

Hello,

This is related to the topic discussed in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5652.
For the first lap, video recording will start around 2 seconds after passing the line - this part will be missing for the video (not the data).
To work around, start the video manually before leaving the pits: enable Manual Timing in LapTimer's Settings. Use the Start button in Timer View to start a manual recording before leaving the pits. The automatic lap detection will pick up the first time you pass s/f. Due to the manual start, you will have enough video ahead of the first laps start and can overlay it.

On RPM etc: please start with checking if your OBD connection is reliable. For a modern car, you should see a rate of 6 to 8 Hz in Engine View or Sensor List. Gears are calculated as described in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3425. In case RPMs are fine (see above), gear calculation will simply depend on the named ratios and sizes.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image