Connecting GoPro Hero 7 Black to Grand Prix

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Chris R300
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Connecting GoPro Hero 7 Black to Grand Prix

Post by Chris R300 »

I have tried all of the instruction in Documentation, and searching previous posts, but I still cannot connect Grand Prix on my iPhone 8 to my Gopro Hero 7 Black.
I have made sure that the GoPro App is not working, and that the GoPro WiFi is connected to my phone and working.
Please could you suggest what else I should try to get it connected.
I just want to use the GoPro to record and have it synced with LapTimer. I don't want to use multiple cameras.
Thanks very much.
Chris
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Connecting GoPro Hero 7 Black to Grand Prix

Post by Harry »

The only thing I can do is repeating the section from Video Documentation (see http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation). :-(

Besides the items named, there are no other known issues. As an alternative, operate the cam manually before leaving and after returning to the pits. Instructions on how to add the video to laps recorded are available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjVb8nWCXI

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
knumsi
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by knumsi »

Hey there, I did connect the camera to the App (Grandprix, Android 10, S10e):
- Connect Smartphone manually to the GoPro WiFi (password for WiFi can be found in the camera)
- kill the GoPro App
- Go to settings and chose GoPro 7 Black as external Cam
- MultiCam Standard "Main Film" leads to 1080p settings of the goPro, PiP -> 720
- Dont try to change Video Settings (the gopro shows: 1080 | ??? | w) of the GoPro manually, you cant do it, as somehow the app overrides the settings and the camera will hang if you try to change 16:9 to something else
- Go "Timer", button "Video" - choose second image from right for preview. Start recording (top left) - gopro will start as well

Here is where i start to struggle. If i now try to view the recorded round the main video is shown "offline".

Also if i try to access via "Videos" in the app - the app only shows the loading circle. Therefor i cannot transfer the images to the Smartphone.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You need to take your time to read the full story on using action cams with LapTimer. The main feature of the integration is the automatic start/stop and the maintenance of sync information. The transfer of videos is the same whether you use the LapTimer MultiCam feature or operate the cam manually.

The direct download from HERO cams is rarely working, so its use is discouraged. Instead, use some type of file transfer from HERO SD card to one of the folders available for your phone. See "Places" in the documentation.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
knumsi
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by knumsi »

Thank you for your fast answer.

Still some work to have a working video afterwards. I hoped it was easier ;-)
JonceZ
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by JonceZ »

Hi,
Can HLT be used with GoPro 7 black GPS sensor?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

JonceZ wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:22 pm Hi,
Can HLT be used with GoPro 7 black GPS sensor?
No, isn't supported.
Image Image Image Image