I don't want to sync every lap

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
jarobs
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

I don't want to sync every lap

Post by jarobs »

Using videos on an SD card I wanted to create overlays. But it seems syncronising the video with the lap will only do so for the lap but not the whole session. But I am lazy and do not want to search the right lap also the sessions are very long and it will get difficult at some point.
Is there a way to sync only the first lap and make Laptimer understand by the timestamp that the rest belongs to the other laps?

Thanks in advance
J
jarobs
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: I don't want to sync every lap

Post by jarobs »

Also there is a 1h time difference between the GoPro Video and the true time. Is that a wierd summer/winter time thing and the reason why it does not work automatically?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I don't want to sync every lap

Post by Harry »

Hello,

The reason for the GoPro offset is that it is using local time only. Hard to believe, but they do not support timezones (or set the offset to zero). That‘s one of the reasons it is not possible to use the timestamp for auto-aligning videos transferred to the smartphone.

In multi-lap alignment: when adding an external video to LapTimer (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjVb8nWCXI&t=10s), you will be asked whether you want to link the currently lap only, or the whole session. Same when changing the sync for one lap: you will be prompted whether you want to adjust the full session.

Harry
Image Image Image Image