Multicam settings

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
ed caranci
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Multicam settings

Post by ed caranci »

Hardware:
Ipad Mini latest Generation (Latest Harrys GP edition)
XGPS160
GoPro Hero 7 Black
GoPro Hero 3+Silver

What I would like to do:
While racing use the ipad to see my lap deltas and laptimes, with the Ipad camera capturing me at the wheel while its right in front of me, use the GoPro Hero 7 Black as the master (including using its sound) recording facing out of my race car forwards and use the Hero3+Silver as a rear facing camera. The end result is the main video with the Harrys overlay is the Goprohero 7 black with 2 PIP of the rear facing and the ipad recording me at the wheel.
With so many posts, forum documents etc...its so confusing how to set this up in Harrys.
Great product but a real mess to set up.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Multicam settings

Post by Harry »

Well, the scenario is complex, so mapping it into the app is too.

When recording laps with the internal cam engaged, you will end up with a session of laps with this internal video associated each. As LapTimer can control one additional GoPro only, you are probably better off with operating both HEROs manually - i.e. start and stop them in the pits.

Back home, transfer the videos to your smartphone. Follow instruction in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjVb8nWCXI&t=10s to link this 2 videos to your sessions. Once this is done, your laps will have three videos associated. Now, goto any of the laps, press Edit in the top right and drag the GoPro video you want as master to the top of the three video list. This will make it the master.

NB: PiPs are available in overlay exports only (Video / Export), not the real time preview (Video / Play).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ed caranci
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ed caranci »

Thanks for the quick reply
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dubbedown »

Sorry I know you’ve probably answered this question more times than you’d prefer but I just want to make sure I didn’t miss the announcement... but as of now, the latest iOS version does not support multicam (iOS) devices, correct?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Dubbedown wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:36 pm Sorry I know you’ve probably answered this question more times than you’d prefer but I just want to make sure I didn’t miss the announcement... but as of now, the latest iOS version does not support multicam (iOS) devices, correct?
No, it does not.
Image Image Image Image