Reference Laps?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Crowe1207
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Reference Laps?

Post by Crowe1207 »

Hi

I recently purchased the lap timer and I have now used it twice.
Seams really good and very impressed but I can’t figure out the reference laps.
I pressed REF as I was about to go down pit lane so my reference lap was over 4mins by the time I got out and round the track but my lap times are circa 1.50.
If I didn’t press ref then my laps weren’t recorded.
What can I do differently to get a better ref time?

Thank you
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reference Laps?

Post by Harry »

LapTimer uses the best lap recorded ever (for a track / vehicle combination) as reference by default. The other option is to use the last lap as reference so you can compare your current lap to the last lap. These two options are available in LapTimer ‣ Race ‣ Timer ‣ Status (and various other views). In case you want to set a a specific lap as reference, select this lap from Lap List and press Reference.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
freaknbigpanda
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by freaknbigpanda »

In a follow up to this I can’t figure out how to overlay the reference lap on top of another lap for direct comparison. I read the video documentation on the subject but it still did not seem to work. Is there a step by step guide somewhere on how to get the reference lap to display in picture and picture?

These are the steps I took:

I pressed the add video button on the lap that I want to compare to my reference and then I select my previously exported best lap as the video I want to add but then it replaced the primary video with that best lap video, I didn’t want that I wanted to add it as a reference lap for comparison in picture and picture.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

To get the reference lap shown as PiP:

1) you need to have GrandPrix
2) open the lap to overlay and check the reference lap (row Reference in Data Recordings section) is the one you expect
3) make sure this reference lap has a video associated
4) in Overlay Configuration / second page, make sure you have Reference Video selected
5) the video referenced by the reference lap must not be the same as the one you overlay; so take care when the reference laps and the lap overlaid are from the same session

PiPs are not shown in real time overlaying, so an export is required.

Harry
Image Image Image Image