Save settings

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
OnboardTV
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Save settings

Post by OnboardTV »

It takes a while to configure HLT to suit your personal preferences, and also configure your car with all the data bits.
I'm switching to a new phone, is there a way to save all those settings in order to avoid having to re-do all the work from scratch?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Save settings

Post by Harry »

Hello,

In case you are on iOS, please use iTunes backup and restore when changing phones. This will transfer *everything*.
For Android and manual transfers, see viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3341 for instructions on how to transfer data. The piece not transferred are all the settings in Administration / Settings. You can create a Contact mail using your old installation. It included an attachment showing all settings changed compared to the default. These are usually 5 to 10 items you can set again easily.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Spinnetti
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Spinnetti »

Sorry if I'm a bit dense here, but I did a backup and a reimport, but none of my vehicle info was restored. Does this get saved? Everything about my car is custom, including tire sizes, rear end ratio, trans ratios etc... takes forever to load all that stuff back in. Can I save non-standard car info somewhere and restore it when getting new devices?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Provided you select All Laps for .hlptrl exports, all vehicles used for this laps will get exported too. You can export vehicles not used for any recording in addition: select the vehicle in Vehicle List, select a car / motorbike and export from here.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image