Export Video a 2nd time

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
wayne247
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Export Video a 2nd time

Post by wayne247 »

Hi!

Been using the time for several years, love it!

Now today, after creating the Overlaid video and exporting it to my phone Camera Roll (iOS), I uploaded my video to YouTube and deleted the video from Camera Roll.

I would like to have that file again. Is it possible to re-export it from Harry's LapTimer? I can't find the export button now that it has been created once, and the Overlay button also is gone, since it exists.

I can view the overlaid video when viewing my Lap details, but the video does not appear in the "Videos" page.

Anyone have an idea how to find it again?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Export Video a 2nd time

Post by Harry »

After removing the video from camera roll, you should see an empty video placeholder in the lap's details. Press the Revert button to return to the original video. Once this has been done, you should get the Export button again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
wayne247
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by wayne247 »

Hi Harry,

In the lap details, I can see a thumbnail of the video which is marked "Camera Roll", under the thumbnail it says "Type : Overlaid Video" and below there is a PLAY button.
If I press PLAY, I can see the overlaid video properly. There is no Revert button,

I checked again in the Photos camera roll and the video is not there.

I then did a full backup, reset, and restore of my iPhone. I also tried a Database check, no problems are found.

If I press the thumbnail in the Lap Details page, I can see "Video DEtails" where it has unknown date, unknown time, Source camera roll, location local, size unknown.

I presume that for some reason, the application is not detecting that the video was deleted from the camera roll.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please send a snapshot of the Lap Details dialog showing the Video section. This sounds like the video type is screwed up and needs to be switched. Please do not backup / restore / uninstall / install operations in situations like this. It should be possible to handle this in the app.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
wayne247
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by wayne247 »

The backup/restore was a coincidence, done for something else. Next time however, I'll postpone it!

Here are 3 screen shots.

Laps list:
IMG_1121.png
IMG_1121.png (193.93 KiB) Viewed 1502 times
Lap details:
IMG_1122.png
IMG_1122.png (212.3 KiB) Viewed 1502 times
Video details:
IMG_1123.png
IMG_1123.png (234.32 KiB) Viewed 1502 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hello,

It looks like the overlaid video has not been deleted. Otherwise, it would not be possible to see a thumbnail or watch it. The original session video (without overlay) however seems to have been deleted. Otherwise you would get the Revert button to switch back from the overlaid video to the original one. You can double check by browsing through video list. In case you find the original video here, we can link it to lap again for another overlay.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
wayne247
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by wayne247 »

I guess it was kept in cache somewhere, because now when I access the lap details, the thumbnail shows "NO" , and clicking it gives a popup "The requested URL was not found on this server."

I guess it's gone now! Alright thanks for your help.