Lap timer - using AutoX for Hill Climbs

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
snowy999
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Lap timer - using AutoX for Hill Climbs

Post by snowy999 »

Hello everyone this is my first post. I use Laptimer grandprix for the first time at the Prescott Hill Climb on Saturday.

I have a problem setting up the course and, as I will be at Gurston Down Hill Climb in August wnated some advice.

So, after attaching my Dual XGPC160

1 Select Race Setup
2. Select AutoX +
3. Rename
4. Walk to start, set start and set as standing start
5. then walk to finish

The wlak up a hill climb course takes some time and each time I tried to do it while walkiung the course it crashed. The only way I got a finish point sorted was byt joggin up the hill directly and crossing over fences to get there.

Is there a 'time out' running during set up?

At Gurston there are no short cuts so I can't see how I can set up a fnish in time.

Is there a way of manually setting it up?

ONce set up it worked fine. Time recorded was witing 0.5s of the official time whcih I though was excellent.

Film really good too.

Thanks for your help !

Snowy
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lap timer - using AutoX for Hill Climbs

Post by Harry »

Hello,

In case the finish is too far away, do the following: set the start as usual. Walk some distance away (maybe 30 meters) and set the finish in this arbitrary position. Navigate to LapTimer ‣ Analysis ‣ Realtime ‣ Map. You will see both the start and the finish trigger. Long touch the finish trigger and drag it to the correct position.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
snowy999
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Lap timer - using AutoX for Hill Climbs

Post by snowy999 »

Thank you for the super prompt answer !