Laptimer in Landscape mode

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
petrolhead
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Laptimer in Landscape mode

Post by petrolhead »

I have two questions, maybe somebody can help me out here.

I want to use Laptimer in landscape mode (to record video while on track) with an iPhone 8.
So I start up Laptimer while the phone is mounted in landscape mode on my wind screen. When I'm all set-up and want to start recording, I need to choose a mode - "Classic", "Racer's" or "Timer". However, if I choose "Classic" or "Racer's", Laptimer will switch to portrait mode and it seems my gyro calibration will be messed up by that.

Is there a way to avoid that? Only "Timer" mode seems to work okay and keeps the landscape mode.

My second question is how exacly to mount the iPhone on my car. The quick instructions say it's supposed to be tilted towards the road by 5 degrees - do I understand that correctly?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Laptimer in Landscape mode

Post by Harry »

Classic and Racer's are legacy views not updated any more. They are available in portrait only. So if you want to record video, always use Timer View. Timer View is fully optimized in terms of on track requirements like readability and relevance of data displayed. It is the recommended view anyway.

Second question: correct, 5 degrees to road and 25 degrees to driver. You see 5 degrees is set if realtime acceleration shown is zero while standing still. You see that 25 degrees is set if lateral acceleration stays around zero when braking on a straight.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
petrolhead
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Laptimer in Landscape mode

Post by petrolhead »

Thanks for clarifying this Harry! Much appreciated.