Handle different directions of a track

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Alex
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Handle different directions of a track

Post by Alex »

I use a single track forward and backward. So i created 2 Tracks with different names. Of course the GO Trigger of the first track is located almost at the same place as the STOP trigger of the second track and vise versa. So both tracks are marked with a red exclamation mark. I gave it a try, which ends in a total confusion of the software. The solution offered is an activation of only one track. But how can i do this? I did not find any hint in the documentation.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Handle different directions of a track

Post by bulls23 »

You can simply delete or purge one of the track sets (only the pois are deleted, not the laps). You will have to do that each time you are on a track with different layouts that may interfere.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Correct, that is the only way currently available. To ease the pain, you may use the certify function to export both track sets and send them to yourself. To restore a purged track set, you simply press the .hpoil file in the email, this will import / restore the track set.

I though I had solved this forward / backward situation in 13.2 However, when the STOP and GO triggers are too near to each other, LapTimer gets confused and will issue error messages. I plan to have this problem solved in 13.3. Later version will improve the collision detection between track sets (the red exclamation mark) and add automatic activation / inactivation to get away from these purge / restore approach.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
neo9596
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by neo9596 »

When this solution ? "I plan to have this problem solved in 13.3. Later version will improve the collision detection between track sets (the red exclamation mark) and add automatic activation / inactivation to get away from these purge / restore approach."
I have the same problem, i use lap timer to go and return from work, i've done a track to go to work with intermediates times and another to return with intermediates too, but the program is confused because the program does not differentiate betwen the several intermediate's tracks.
How can I solve it??

see you.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This works starting with 14.4 for start and stop triggers. For intermediate triggers - and for situations you go back the same way you arrived, the only thing you can do is setting intermediates in both directions (i. e. in the middle of the street). LapTimer will not care if these are part of another track set. Maybe the right time to make the semantics of the Track / POI Set setting for triggers clear:

start triggers -> lap timer will set the track currently active and start timing
intermediate triggers -> lap timer will ignore the track setting (only used for grouping) and store the sector time
stop trigger -> lap timer stores the lap recorded, and associates it with the track

I slightly developed configuration management will be included in v14. For this particular situation, this will remain 'conflicting' track sets.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
neo9596
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by neo9596 »

So what I have to do is to change the start trigger to start/stop trigger in the track??, now I have this situation:

Start (home)---->Intermediate 1H----->Intermediate 2H-------->Intermediate 3H------->Stop (Works)

and to do the return track I have to do a new track like this:

Stop (Works)------->Intermediate 3H------->Intermediate 2H------->Intermediate 1H-------> Stop(home) _____Where the intermediates are the same as Home to Work? or with differents intermediats called "Intermediated 1W" like this track:

Stop (Works)------->Intermediate 1W------->Intermediate 2W------->Intermediate 3W-------> Stop(home).

Sorry if I express myself better
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Good picture, slightly changed below. It should work like this:

Start (home)---->Intermediate 1H----->Intermediate 2H-------->Intermediate 3H------->Stop (home)
Start (works)------->Intermediate 3H------->Intermediate 2H------->Intermediate 1H-------> Stop(works)

Whether the Intermediates are in set 'home' or 'works' is not important. Important is that you have them only one. Just to check: this makes 7 triggers overall. And Start(home) has (nearly) the same position like Stop(works). Same for the Start(works) and Stop(home). Please check and let us know if it works.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
neo9596
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by neo9596 »

Ok I will add the two missing triggers, and in a couple of days i will report,

Thanks for your attention.
fredsiva
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by fredsiva »

With the 7 Triggers defined as explained above, will LapTimer be able to detect the track automatically, without having to tap the screen ("Event" menu) and select the track?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The track selection in the Event Hover View is relevant for manual timing only. LapTimer will switch track every time it detects a trigger. The track switched is the trigger's track. So the answer is No, you do not need to switch tracks.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image