Tracking Vehicle Paths on Streets - Non Race Track - Not Racing

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
tbuckman
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Tracking Vehicle Paths on Streets - Non Race Track - Not Racing

Post by tbuckman »

We are using Laptimer to record vehicle speed and position over a long distance for the purpose of accident reconstruction and recording speed vs time and distance traveled.

As such, we do not use the app in the standard way, and I'm looking for best practice in regards to track setup.

We will be driving a route, from point a to point b. Not doing any repeat laps or anything like that. We just need the data to study the amount of traffic during a large event and how long it takes to get to the event.

I've tried to search around a bit, but everything I come across is pretty much related to actual race track use.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tracking Vehicle Paths on Streets - Non Race Track - Not Racing

Post by Harry »

You can use LapTimer as a video / data recorder too. Turn on Manual Timing in LapTimer’s Settings. Afterwards, you will get Start and Stop Buttons in all Timer Views. Like for automated triggers, the buttons can be used to start and stop data recording (optional: video)

Harry
Image Image Image Image