Move and merge databases across devices

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Jordan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Move and merge databases across devices

Post by Jordan »

Hi Harry,

I have LapTimer data and video recordings on two different iPhones, a 4S and a 7. I want to move/copy the database and video from the 4S to the 7 because (a) the 7 is faster, and (b) the video and data are too large for the 4S to create the exported overlay videos; it keeps crashing. However, I don't want to lose/throw away/overwrite all of the recorded data and video already on the 7. I know how to move videos from one phone to another, but how can I merge the databases' recorded data and not lose the existing, originally recorded sync points for the videos?

Thanks,
Jordan
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Move and merge databases across devices

Post by Harry »

Please export all your lap to the .HLPTRL format and send it to a mail account you can read on your 7. Tap the attachment on the 7 to import that data. Imports are always "additional". This mean when importing a file twice, you will have all laps doubled. Imports will not delete existing laps.

You can find the export function in Lap List (bottom tool bar).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

P.S. Video links and sync points are part of the .HLPTRL file.
Image Image Image Image
Jordan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Jordan »

Thank you!
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

Hi, I want to ask. I'm switching phones, is there any simple solution to move all data at once from one phone to another? Both are on android
2016 SEAT Leon CUPRA 290 ST

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I believe phone migration is not yet standardized for Android - this would make it a lot easier.
For a manual transfer, please see the FAQ in data backup/restore/migration here in the forum: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3341

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

So there is no some "cloud" backup function for example to Dropbox/Google drive /one drive. To tell app "grab everything, put it into ZIP and upload it to cloud storage"? Well, it will be a long night then...
2016 SEAT Leon CUPRA 290 ST

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black