Reassurance on first lap at circuit

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
911hfa
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Reassurance on first lap at circuit

Post by 911hfa »

Hi there My first day on forum...... So my apologies in advance, although I have read documentation/tutorial and also looked back through many topics on this forum...... But still in need of some guidance please
I have got Lap Timer working well by practicing on my local roads. All at legal speeds!
At a future date I will need to use the app on a European circuit that I have already downloaded.
As no practicing will be allowed at the European circuit, what can I do to be sure that the first lap will trigger"go" when I pass the start line for the first time?
Thanks. Be gentle to a newy if the answer is too simple that I have missed the obvious
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reassurance on first lap at circuit

Post by Harry »

Please just walk through the Quick Reference in LapTimer. Make sure you follow instructions and be sensible about the smartphone mounting position in particular. When at track, make sure you watch the health status in the top of Timer View. It must not show a yellow or red alert. In case it does, touch the alert to see what's wrong. Finally, keep it simple. LapTimer can get quite complicated once you add features or tweak the system. So please start with standard operation and add features once you are "trained". Have a good time!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
911hfa
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by 911hfa »

Thanks for quick and professional response
May I revisit the quick reference and see if I missed something
Regards
911hfa
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by 911hfa »

Hi again...... In simple terms I guess if the circuit is shown on the map and the phone is set up correctly all should be well
Moving on....... Is it possible to set up in ADVANCE a target time or a target average speed. I notice on my practicing local laps that the results show a Regularity section with set speeds and penalty
Your patience is appreciated
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The target avg. speed shown in any lap's details is actually a global value. It is used to calculate penalties on sector level.

This however is not related to predictive lap timing. To race against an avg. speed / full lap time, you need to have recorded such a reference lap before. Once you have such a reference lap, LapTimer will display the gap (plus / minus) for your current position on track constantly. So for this (more important) part, the answer is NO.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
911hfa
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by 911hfa »

Again thanks for quick answer