Not Exporting

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Rzrseg
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Not Exporting

Post by Rzrseg »

Hello!

I successfully imported a video I edited in PowerDirector (2 action cameras), into the harry's folder on my Android Galaxy J3 Eclipse. The video has a Picture in Picture and the PIP video has the audio track removed. It all works perfectly on the phone (video plays with the Overlay) but when I try to export it, I get the error: LapTimer failed writing the overlaid video. Error reported is 'Code: 16, asset writer not started'.

Also, when I go to the Video Details page is sometimes throws up an Error about something like Master file is missing video or audio.

The video works fine on the phone, overlay and all, it just won't export.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
David
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not Exporting

Post by Harry »

Hello,

When exporting, the video is decoded and encoded again. This means the Play function is implemented using a different approach (play video and show some layers above). I assume the video / audio track format you have used with PowerDirector cannot be interpreted by LapTimer. Please try the "Force Software Encoding" Expert Setting. Although Software encoding is slower, it is compatible to a lot more video formats.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image