Displaying lap times while recording

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Chaparral36
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Displaying lap times while recording

Post by Chaparral36 »

Hi, new to the app, and am thinking of getting the Grand Prix edition. Would like to confirm, can the app display lap times real time while recording video?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Displaying lap times while recording

Post by Harry »

Yes, you can use Timer View to watch lap times / predictive lap times while recording video in background.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ereynold60 »

Harry - Does this also work on Android now as well? More specifically... in pits can I start video recording then return to timer view, in order to catch my pit exit and initial out lap?

Ed
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, the only limitation is that changing the view while recording a video is not supported for Android. This means you cannot start video recording in Timer / Video / Preview and return to Timer after pressing the record button. Instead, enable Manual Timing in LapTimer Settings first. Goto Timer / Video and enable video recording (ie just the video source selection). Return to Timer. Now, press the Start button getting available for Manual Timing. This will start video recording in background while in Timer View.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ereynold60 »

Thanks Harry - With this "manual recording"... I assume Laptimer will still trigger laps passing over S/F... correct? (I've not used this method before)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Automatic triggering always supersedes manual start. This means that when passing a stop/go trigger while recording manually, the current recording will be stored as "manual" or "incomplete" and LapTimer starts a new fully automated lap.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ereynold60 »

Great and thanks. My previous method was to go into the video view and hit the red record circle in the upper corner to begin video recording while waiting on the grid. Laptimer would record a long incomplete "lap" and then record all other laps normally passing over the S/F line. The drawback was I had to stay in video view and could not view lap times while on track.

I didn't know about enabling "manual recording", but it would appear to be similar to the method I have been using, only I can stay in TIMER view and hit START, which will start camera recording (as set up) and also start the first incomplete lap while waiting to pass over S/F... Is this correct?

Thanks again.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Exactly. Manual Recording is disabled by default. Too many users thought they need to press the Start button...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image