Is there a bullet list of what to do to record right?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
furby076
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Is there a bullet list of what to do to record right?

Post by furby076 »

Does anyone have a bulleted list of what to do to setup and record correctly. I am new to this process and would like to not screw up.

My setup
    • GoPro 6
      ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Android
      Android Samsung Galaxy S7
      Harrys Lap timer
COnnection: I think gopro and OBDLink are connected correctly to Harrys

GoPro: Do I need to press the record button, or will harrys trigger it?

What steps should I follow so it's seemless and easy? I will start the video a few seconds before the laps start, and i am hoping it's as fast as press Start and the rest is taken care of (gopro video turns on, lapt timer records with obdlink)...then when i get home just do the overlay on my phone

I've been watching videos, but at this point my confidence is low. I'd like to be presently surprised. I used RaceChrono on my last track event and only one video worked with overlay, and the speed did not come in. Basically, kinda useless :(

THank you
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is there a bullet list of what to do to record right?

Post by Harry »

For general operation, please see Quick Reference within the app. For GoPro operation, you need to enable external video recording in Race / Timer / Video. Afterwards, video recording will be started in sync with data recording. A full step-by-step list is included in Video Documentation on www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation.

Harry
Image Image Image Image