Start / Stop video recording

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
gowthamn
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Start / Stop video recording

Post by gowthamn »

If I am using a GoPro for example, do I have to start recording by pressing the record button on the GoPro or can the recording be started from the phone itself.

What video device is best to use for best video syncing with data recording? I assume the app the connect to multiple sensors right? One for data, one for video etc?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Start / Stop video recording

Post by Harry »

LapTimer GrandPrix starts and stops external cams in sync with data recordings - fully automatically. See Video Documentation for the details. HERO4 or 5 (not Session) are fine and are well integrated.

LapTimer can connect to external GPS, OBD, action cams. One of each, multiple cams are not supported currently.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gowthamn
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by gowthamn »

If the camera is off, can it be turned on from the app itself? What about live preview? The video documentation says no to all this for HERO 4 Silver. Just wanted to confirm.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The H4 cannot be turned on by WiFi; it has a power off command, but no power on. The later seems to be done by BT (which is not supported by LapTimer). For the HERO3/3+ gen, both on / off are supported. No live preview currently (or for v22).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gowthamn
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by gowthamn »

In a GoPro hero 4 if the power supply is connected, it's always on right?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, it should be in power on state all the time. Recording will be turned on and off.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
metro2084
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by metro2084 »

Harry,

I have hero5 and it doesn't stop recording automatically when I either press cancel or stop on the iPhone after the race. Is that normal and I can only stop recording manually by pressing a button on GoPro?

Also, can I use 2 GoPro cams at the same time (eg facing front and rear) and control from iPhone? I know they have to be connected to the iPhone via wifi, but as far as I know you can't connect 2 cams at the same time?

Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

LapTimer uses WiFi to control action cams. This does not allow the connection of two cams currently. But you can record footage manually with a second cam and add footage to laps recorded.

In case the cam does not react to Cancel or Stop, it has disconnected during the lap. Please stop it manually.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
furby076
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by furby076 »

Link to video documentation? Want to make sure i get the right one.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Image Image Image Image