How do I configure the overlays?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
bob_mitchell99
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

How do I configure the overlays?

Post by bob_mitchell99 »

I have been using Torque's video record features, but they don't have the lap timing and known track POI features, so I bought Harry's Lap Timer. In Torque, I can select from 100+ difference ODB and GPS overlay options, size them, and put them anywhere on the screen. Does this app have anything like it? I can't see where I can configure anything for the overlays. In addition to speed, rpm, and throttle, I would like brake pedal % at a minimum and steering wheel angle if possible. I would also like to change throttle from a bar to a % (or overlay % on the bar)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I configure the overlays?

Post by Harry »

There is a limited number of options available Overlay Configuration appearing when you start the Video Export. For iOS, swipe to the second page, for Android, scroll down. LapTimer does not come with a full video editor or gauge configurator.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

PS: Brake pedal and steering wheel angle are no standard OBD II channels. LapTimer v22 will allow the use of custom PIDs and I plan at least braking to be added to overlays. This however will require you to configure custom PIDs specific to your car.
Image Image Image Image
Mcpower
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Mcpower »

Hi Harry, I believe you integrated data overlay customization for android phones with v22 or v23 of Grand prix edition. I cannot find a "how to" on the forums. Can you point me in the right direction, how to customize the overlay data from obdlink mx bt (steering angle, acceleration/braking, rmp etc) on a samsung s10 plus.
Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

There is a limited set of settings to change overlay appearance. You find this settings on Overlay Configuration shown when pressing the Export button in a lap's Video section. For Android, this settings are in the bottom of the page (scroll down), for iOS they are on a second page you can swipe to.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image