How do I configure the overlays?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
bob_mitchell99
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

How do I configure the overlays?

Postby bob_mitchell99 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:34 am

I have been using Torque's video record features, but they don't have the lap timing and known track POI features, so I bought Harry's Lap Timer. In Torque, I can select from 100+ difference ODB and GPS overlay options, size them, and put them anywhere on the screen. Does this app have anything like it? I can't see where I can configure anything for the overlays. In addition to speed, rpm, and throttle, I would like brake pedal % at a minimum and steering wheel angle if possible. I would also like to change throttle from a bar to a % (or overlay % on the bar)

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I configure the overlays?

Postby Harry » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:20 am

There is a limited number of options available Overlay Configuration appearing when you start the Video Export. For iOS, swipe to the second page, for Android, scroll down. LapTimer does not come with a full video editor or gauge configurator.

- Harry

Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do I configure the overlays?

Postby Harry » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:22 am

PS: Brake pedal and steering wheel angle are no standard OBD II channels. LapTimer v22 will allow the use of custom PIDs and I plan at least braking to be added to overlays. This however will require you to configure custom PIDs specific to your car.

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Using LapTimer”