Mount phone on motorcycle?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
torszula
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Mount phone on motorcycle?

Post by torszula »

Track officials do not allow the mounting of the phone on the bike. Can the phone be mounted under the seat or anywhere out of site and still capture accurate data? I am not interested in the camera/gps capabilities on the phone as I will be using a GoPro and external GPS receiver. If it can be out of site, do I simply start the app before putting phone away? Will the app start the video automatically as well or does GoPro need to be started separately?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mount phone on motorcycle?

Post by Harry »

Provided you have an external GPS (taped to the tail), you can place the smartphone somewhere "inside", e.g. under the seat. Turn it on and start LapTimer before leaving the pits. Make sure it is one (not in sleep mode) and nothing touches the screen. This will allow LapTimer to record data. You can remote control a HERO too. See Video Documentation (www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation) for requirements and mode of operation. As an alternative, start the HERO in the pits and add the session long video to LapTimer later. Video Documentation details this too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image