Linking GoPro5 videos

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
metro2084
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Linking GoPro5 videos

Post by metro2084 »

Hi, so I've downloaded videos from my gopro to HLT via iTunes. Now I need to associate videos with laps.
The manual says to go to Lap List and select any lap and then i will see empty video placeholder but I don't see any. I was recording only to GoPro.
What should I do?
Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Linking GoPro5 videos

Post by Harry »

You get a video placeholder in case LapTimer controlled your HERO. In case it has been operated manually, you will not get a placeholder. The procedure to link a video without a placeholder is available here: https://www.facebook.com/HarrysLapTimer ... 2466263197

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
metro2084
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by metro2084 »

ok, i'll try that.

For the next time... how do i make Lap Timer control my Hero?

Thank you!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You need LapTimer GrandPrix. In case you run Petrolhead, you can upgrade it from Administration ‣ Add-ons ‣ GrandPrix Upgrade.
The procedure to connect and remote control the HERO is described in Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
metro2084
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by metro2084 »

Harry,
I do have GrandPrix edition and I was connecting my HERO through multicam, but still in Lap List i don't have video placeholders for some reason. Could you please specify what do you mean by "remote controlling HERO"? After the session I was tapping "cancel" or "stop" on my iPhone, but HERO would continue to record, I had to manually stop it.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This means it has not been connected at the time you finished your run. There has probably been a drop of connection. The cam records independently, so it will not stop when the connection drops. LapTimer will not store a placeholder either when "no cam is connect". So please just follow the tutorial to add and sync the video manually.

Pressing Cancel or Stop is necessary when back in the pits for tracks with start/finish lines.

The way LapTimer handles cams is described in the linked document, please have a look into it. It is comprehensive. :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image