AutoX resume session with existing track

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
SteveDillon
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

AutoX resume session with existing track

Post by SteveDillon »

I have 2 scenarios, resulting in the same question.

1) At our AutoX we have a testing day with the same track setup once a month. I'd like to make this course permanent in LapTimer.
2) During a normal autocross day I will define the track using "PrepareRace->+AutoCross". Sometime during the day the phone gets shut of, or I need to restart LapTimer.

In both the above I would like to select an existing Autocross POI set from starting LapTimer from scratch. If I do "prepare race" I don't want to define a new AutoCross course. And "Prepare Race" load track, only seems to allow me to pick certified tracks to download. If I skip prepare race, and just goto "race->timer", the timer pops up, sometimes it says to "Accelerate to start lapping" (but I have a standing start specified). Sometimes it just sits there on the timer screen.

How do I tell laptimer, from a fresh start, "I'm autocrossing today, and let me pick a start line."
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AutoX resume session with existing track

Post by Harry »

Hi,

You never pick a track in LapTimer. LapTimer picks the track from all track sets loaded (or custom defined) automatically.
So to reuse your AX track set, just keep it (see Lap List ‣ AX xy ‣ User Track Set) and head to Timer without Load Track or New AX.

In case you have multiple different track sets in the same spot, things are more complicated. LapTimer does not allow overlapping track sets - exactly because it will fail to select the right one automatically. So in case you want to keep multiple track sets for one spot, say A and B, you need to backup them and load them alternating. To backup a track set, your the Certify function in Lap List ‣ AX xy ‣ User Track Set. Instead of sending the track set to us, replace Tracks@gps-laptimer.de with your own email address. Now you can load the track set by opening this mail in your mailer and touch the .hpoil file attached. Once you have backed up A and B, you can allow LapTimer to purge the conflicting track set: when loading A with B in LapTimer already, LapTimer will tell you A conflicts with B. It will recommend to purge B which should be done. This will remove the B track set but keep B lap recordings. To use B again, load it from your mail and allow LapTimer to purge A this time. As written above, this is necessary for multiple track sets in one spot only.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image