AutoX failed start after staging

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
SteveDillon
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

AutoX failed start after staging

Post by SteveDillon »

Harry's lap timer Grand Prix
Lenovo PHAB extra large phone, PB2-650, Android 6.0
Garmin GLO external GPS.
I am attempting no video at this time

Setup:
I walk to start line and do:
Prepare Race
+AutoCross
Walk to start and "Define Start", "Standing Start"
Walk to finish and "Define Finish" and point the camera through finish.

An hour or more later I put the phone in the car mount in landscape mode and click drive. There is a message about orientation and to click ok when I'm done mounting, which I do. It says to progress to starting area. I enter starting area and click "stage".
I then launch and do the complete run and it hasn't started.

I don't think it is getting any accelerometer data. (when I do track days, it records laps but I get no g-force data). The calibration screen only works in portrait mode, so it seems pointless to try to calibrate with that. What is appropriate method to set/test calibration in landscape mode. (Wearing polarized sunglasses, the screen is near black in portait orientation).
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AutoX failed start after staging

Post by Harry »

Please check if acceleration is working while in portrait. A simple rotation applied afterwards will be compensated automatically. You can find details on this topic in Acceleration Handling on http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. For almost all users, LapTimer's automatic presets (default) should be chosen.

Standing starts are triggered both for rapid acceleration and changing speeds - whichever comes first. So I'm not sure acceleration calibration is the only issue here.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image